Saturday, September 4, 2010

One week late...one week early...

Who's late?  Who's early?  That would be my kiddos.  Ryan was born one week after his due date, Taylor was born one week before her due date.  I'm sure that at some point I will share those birth stories, some people like to read those, you know. 

Right now I just want to share some things that happened today specifically.  Taylor climbed up the stairs...TWICE.  She is a mover.  She actually skipped the nice stage of sitting up and being still.  She was inching her way across the floor before she could even sit up.  So we're back to child proofing and keeping everything under the sun out of her reach or SHE WILL EAT IT. 

I reflected today on just how caring and loving Ryan is.  He:  held the door open for me when my hands were full (without being asked), held my ice cream dish still so that I could eat it while I was holding Taylor with my other hand and he swept the dirt out from under our table just because he saw that it was dirty.  He is just the best. 

Ryan also has some speech problems and has been seeing a speech therapist.  I can understand almost everything that he says however, today was a little bit different.  He was saying something to me and I had no idea what he was saying.  After saying it a few times and me trying to figure it out, he looks up at me with the sweetest little face and says, "You don't understand me mommy?"  Right at that moment (and now) I just wanted to cry.  I went over and gave him a big squeeze and we worked together and found out what he was trying to say.  It breaks my heart at times but I know that this is how he was made. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend. And, if you are blessed enough to have the day off on Monday, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment